source:When Cultures Meet: seeing & navigating power to create inclusive cultures Tickets, Wed 18 Nov 2020 at 09:00 | Eventbrite
When Cultures Meet: seeing & navigating power to create inclusive cultures
An experiential workshop that illustrates how to harness the power of difference & create inclusive cultures where everyone can contribute.
About this Event
Are you encountering any of the following:
- Tough cultural issues around diversity and inclusion?
- Teams that have fallen into a silo mentality impacting efficiency and effectiveness?
- Challenges of effective collaboration between different functions and the business, resulting in lost synergy and poor decision-making?
- Mergers, acquisitions and restructures which have failed to realise their promise value?
A common thread underlying these challenges is how skilfully we can facilitate and lead the meeting of cultures and whether we can harness the power of difference. This is the focus of our workshop.
Culture is the most powerful force in organisations. It creates the boundary for who belongs, who is us and who is other. And yet the way culture forms and influences us is subtle and largely happens outside of our conscious awareness. These are deep waters, and they can feel dangerous, not least because issues of power, identity and belonging are intertwined with culture. And yet these issues are core to who we are as human beings and leaders need to feel confident in safely navigating these conversations.
How will it work?
You’ll be immersed in a live simulation where you’ll work together on a collaborative task designed to elicit the everyday dynamics of working within and across cultures. Following this you’ll make sense of your individual and shared experience, using this data alongside systems theory to inform how you address your specific organisational culture challenges.
Who is this workshop for?
- D&I, HR and OD professionals: those leading and influencing organisational change, responsible for creating inclusive cultures, improving employee and client engagement or developing talent and leadership capability.
- Leaders committed to creating inclusive, high-performing collaborative teams, especially those leading multicultural, multigenerational and multidisciplinary teams.
- Leaders and consultants working with teams and organisations undergoing significant change e.g. restructuring or merger and acquisitions.
- Leaders committed to developing their self-awareness, understanding and ability to influence the evolution of organisational culture.
- Sharpen awareness of how context shapes perception, feelings and behaviour.
- Understand how culture, power, identity and belonging impact patterns of inclusion and exclusion, contribution and performance in groups and teams.
- Take away practical actions to create a culture of inclusion in their workplace or team
- Learn with a global network of peers, build connections and understanding of different professional and organisational challenges.
Wednesday 18 November
London 0900-1300 GMT
Copenhagen 1000-1400 CET
Lagos 1000-1400 WAT
Johannesburg 1100-1500 SAST
Dubai 1300-1700 GST
Singapore 1700-2100 SGT
Online on Zoom
£250 including VAT.
Bursaries are available for small charities – please contact us.