Kittens are Evil II: Six leading systems thinkers pitch their big ideaKittens are Evil II: Six leading systems thinkers pitch their big idea Tickets, Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 3:00 PM | Eventbrite
Kittens are Evil II: Six leading systems thinkers pitch their big idea
Kittens are Evil II Book Launch. Six leading systems thinkers pitch their big idea.
About this event
FREE event but registration is essential
Six leading heretics answer the question ‘You bump into Michael Gove in a nightclub. After posing for a selfie he offers to buy you a drink. You tell him what you do and he asks if you have any policy ideas. What is your pitch?
Join us for the launch of Kittens are Evil II and hear from six heretics who have contributed chapters to the Kittens are Evil books.
- Kathy Evans, CEO of Children England
- Toby Lowe, Professor in Public Management at the Centre for Public Impact
- Simon Guilfoyle, police inspector and systems thinker
- Cathy Hobbs, time-served devotee of local government and critical systems thinker
- Catherine Needham, Professor of Public Policy and Public Management at the University of Birmingham
- Peter Wright, Convenor, North East Public Health Skunkworks
- Rob Wilson, Professor at Northumbria University and Editor of Kittens are Evil II
- Charlotte Pell, Visiting Fellow at Northumbria University, Editor of Kittens are Evil II and Head of Communications at Vanguard Consulting
One Brilliant Book, Kittens are Evil II:
Since our last Little Heresy seminar, much has changed. There have been positives – the unthinkable has become doable in times of crisis. Once insurmountable organisational barriers have disappeared. There have been negatives; a proliferation of dodgy evidence, a focus on targets over the truth, outsourcing to private sector providers with dubious track records, and a top-down approach from government.
Explore alternative ways of designing public services and public policy in this collection of work from nine leading thinkers and practitioners in their fields.
The Book Authors:
- Anton Hemerijck is Professor of Political Science: European University Institute, Florence Centennial Professor of Social Policy: LSE
- Mark Smith is Director of Public Service Reform, Gateshead Council
- Peter Wright is Convenor, North East Public Health SkunkWorks
- Catherine Hobbs has completed her doctoral research at the University of Hull on learning for systemic leadership in local governance networks.
- The late Richard Davis who worked for Vanguard Consulting.
- Catherine Needham is Professor of Public Policy and Public Management, University of Birmingham
- Jake Hayman is CEO, Ten Years’ Time
- Stephen Lock is Head of Business Intelligence, National Institute for Health Research Clinical Research Network
- Vincent Richardson and Alan Peyton are Supporters of Positive Money