Systems Practice: what resources do you find useful?
I’m curating a range of useful and interesting resources for people new to and curious about systems thinking and practice, which I’ll pop on our CoLab Dudley site and update as we discover new resources. I’ve made a start, I’d love to know what you’d add to the resources below and why. If you are familiar with / regularly use any of the resources below I’d also love to know what you think of them / why you use them.
Blog posts / articles
- Waters Foundation Systems Thinking Definitions
- A 3 page Systems Thinking Overview by Daniel Aronson
- Why Good Intentions Aren’t Enough by Roy Steiner
- Waters Foundation Systems Thinking Strategies
- The Systems Thinker A Palette of Systems Thinking Tools
- Guardian article (Oct 2012) on The art of systems thinking in driving sustainable transformation
- Why use a Systems Practice? (4 minute intro from The Omidyar Group)
- Systems Practice Mindsets (5 minute overview from The Omidyar Group)
- Systems thinking: a cautionary tale (cats in Borneo) (3 minute animation by Sustainability Illustrated)
- An Ecology of Mind (1 hour documentary by Nora Bateson) available to purchase on Vimeo
+Acumen Systems Practice
A free 10 week online course. You will need a local team to take the course with.
Open University OpenLearn Systems Thinking and Practice
A free 8 hour online course
Books / publications
Available to download free:
- Introduction to Systems Thinking by Daniel H Kim (21 pages)
- Thinking in Systems: A Primer by Donella Meadows (200+ pages)
- Systems Thinking: An Introduction for Oxfam Staff (24 pages)
Available to buy:
Source – and more in the comments: Systems Practice: what resources do you find useful?