We are going to take a whole system approach to xxxx
Some thoughts on this based on observations
This is the fourth of a series.
Blog 1 – brief notes
Blog 2 – responses to complex problems
blog 3 – influencing SYSTEMS
• Have you set out a mission and vision.
• We talk complex adaptive systems. All three words matter – complex, adaptive, system. Think about it
• Have you mapped the system, all of the constituent parts, how they interact, who are the key actors and their role, whether they share the broad vision.
• There may be no single controller. Or no single person knows all of the things that are going on to achieve the broad goal
• command and control is (probably) impossible. If you must adopt command and control mindset, seek to command and shift the most important leverage points in…
View original post 372 more words