Location: London, New York, Mumbai or Singapore
Salary: Sector competitive
Benefits: attractive and flexible
We at Forum for the Future have a rare and exciting job opportunity for a recognized senior leader in the international sustainability field with a passion for creating positive change.
Forum for the Future have partnered with businesses, governments and civil society for over 20 years, to accelerate the shift towards a sustainable future and to tackle some of the world’s most complex environmental and societal challenges.
With offices in London, New York, Singapore and Mumbai, Forum has been at the forefront of creating an international community of pioneers and change makers including partners and funders such as M&S, Unilever, the C&A Foundation and the Rockefeller Foundation.
About the role
This unique opportunity will see you leading the development and implementation of significant global programmes to catalyse change on key global challenges. Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will be a key member of the Senior Management Team, and will drive the strategy and change processes that are at the heart of the organisation’s work. You will be responsible for the development and testing of “Challenge Labs”, the new way in which we are focusing our programmes in order to enhance their impact by incorporating systemic design principles, and adopting experimental and collaborative approaches to solving complex problems. At the moment we are building and testing three Challenge Labs: Sustainable Nutrition, Sustainable Value Chains and Livelihoods, and 1.5°C. You will also guide our transformational strategies with leading organisations.
Forum is at an exciting time in its evolution – building off its extensive experience in working with large global organisations to drive wholesale systems change. As a dynamic, international leader with a deep commitment to creating a better future, you will play a pivotal role in creating this change.
To be successful in this position you will need to have:
- Ability to think strategically at a business-wide and international scale
- Significant experience in developing programmes using system change tools and approaches to drive sustainability either in a corporate, consultancy or similar non-profit
- A deep understanding of sustainable development, evidenced by impact in at least one of the key Challenge Lab areas
- A strong track record in managing projects effectively to delivery outcomes, on time and on budget
- Excellent external communication skills: speaking, writing and engagement via social media
- A good understanding of developing programmes which feature mechanisms for market transformation and business model innovation is desirable, as is an understanding of sustainable finance instruments
- This is an incredibly exciting and rare opportunity to be part of one of the most influential organisations in sustainability, leading on developing Forum’s most impactful programmes which deliver true and tangible impact on a global scale.
We have partnered with Acre, a market-leader in sustainability recruitment, in our search for our new Global Director of Systems Change Programmes. To learn more about the role and to register your interest, please apply through the Acre website.