Introduction to Systems Thinking
Tue 2nd Mar 2021, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm AEDT
Price$128 AUD + BFGet Tickets
Taking a Systems thinking approach is becoming ever more popular in our complex world. Working across traditional boundaries, forming networks, co-ordinating, collaborating and adapting to our changing environment can pose us with some significant challenges.
In this session you will learn what we mean by ‘Systems thinking’. Why it has emerged as a way of thinking to help us move forward and why it is applicable in our world of work. We will look at how Systems thinking helps us to create the conditions for positive change to emerge. You will also learn some tips about the application of Systems thinking ideas and approaches and the opportunities and challenges that application of the thinking might present us with.
- learn what we mean by ‘Systems thinking
- understand what are differences between systems thinking and other forms of thinking
- learn about some of the major approaches to systems thinking
- learn some some tips about the application of Systems thinking ideas and approaches
- develop an appreciation of some of the opportunities and challenges that application of the thinking might present us with
About the Facilitator
Pauline Roberts is a Systems Practitioner and independent consultant who has worked with a wide range of organisations, such as the NHS, Local Authorities, Ministry of Defence, pharmaceutical industry, charities and voluntary groups, applying systems thinking (in particular the VSM) to identify areas for improvements.
She is a Visiting Lecturer at City University Business School, London, in undergraduate Applied Systems Thinking and an Associate Lecturer with the Open University on the MSc Systems Thinking in Practice courses.
Presentation with some opportunities to interact
Anyone can attend this session. No prior knowledge of System thinking is required. The only thing required is a willingness to engage with different ideas and explore the complexity around you.
What Attendees Get
- List of useful references on systems thinking and its various approaches
- 10% discount on any Liquid Forest Lab course – valid for 6 months
Online, 2h including 5-10 minutes break
AUD $135 – one off introductory discount of 30% (AUD $195.00 – full price)
- AUD $128 – early bird 5% until 1 week before first day of course