The Habit-forming Workshop to Becoming a Systems Thinker
October 18 @ 9:00 am–4:00 pm MST
Date: October 18, 2018
Time: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Location: Valley of the Sun United Way, 3200 E Camelback Rd #375, Phoenix, AZ 85018
Cost: $150/person. Includes lunch and all materials, including the Habit-forming Guide to Becoming a Systems Thinker book.
Facilitator: Sheri Marlin, Chief Learning Officer, Waters Foundation
Click here to register.
Click here to download the flier.
This workshop will use the book, The Habit-forming Guide to Becoming a Systems Thinker, to introduce the foundation of systems thinking.
A systems thinking point of view encourages individuals to step back and see the whole picture, rather than focusing on just its parts. When individuals have a clear and deep understanding of their jobs, departments, divisions or organizations as whole systems, they are better equipped to identify leverage actions that lead to improvements and desired outcomes.
Through highly interactive and innovative approaches, participants will learn and practice strategies that will inform the quality of day-to-day interactions and propel desirable outcomes.
Whether you are a student, professional, business leader, community volunteer, civic leader, or simply a lifelong learner, you will walk away with new ideas, insights and skills to impact your system.
The day will be filled with interactive, hands-on activities for participants to understand and practice systems thinking concepts, including:
- Learning and applying the 14 Habits of a Systems Thinker in a variety of contexts.
- Understanding the causal interdependencies that influence the behavior of complex systems.
- Identifying mental models that may influence behavior and actions.
- Discovering concrete strategies to impact systems.
- Practicing problem solving, decision making, and communication within groups that are made up of diverse perspectives working toward a common goal.
A special THANK YOU to Valley of the Sun United Way for opening the doors of their facility for this workshop.